Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Reflected thoughts about life and death, and in between

1.

1. One of the best "weapon" in life is the perpetual thought that it is always possible that one can do good.


2. One of the best mornings I've ever had is walking around and knowing who I am.


3. "Do not yearn after immortality, but exhaust the limits of the possible" - A Greek lyric poet born year 5 before the Christian era.


4. I am against death penalty because society has imposed to the condemned to cease self-discovery.


5. I am very much afraid in my life finding out that I cease to become who I am.


6. I have had no difficulty mourning the passing of my father in 2001. I guess I knew and have accepted that our parent will not be with us forever.


7. Our immortality does not happen to be triggered by death. Our immortality happens in what we do when we are alive.


8. We can't argue with life as much as with death. My only wish is that it will not be painful.


8. I think grand children are the one's who build the bridges to one's immortality.


9. I love to see my grand daughter grow and shower her with everything. Why is this so? I guess we do not share a past where scores are to be settled!


10. Smoking has caused untold suffering to many. Every 3 seconds, somebody dies due to disease related to the use of cigarettes. Thus, a cigarette is a WMD, Weapons of Mass Destruction. Funny, it is available in your neighborhood store and can be purchased by high school students.


11. Non smokers have the law behind them. RA 9211 protects non-smokers from second hand smoke. Inside jeepneys, inside restaurants as public spaces, smoking is prohibited. Thus, I have declared my house to be smoke free.


12. My death figure on smoking related diseases is based on a World Health Organization data. If you want to join the anti smoking movement you can join the Framework Convention Alliance Philippines.


13. Children and youth, including adults are vulnerable to second hand smoke. Thus, a law was enacted to protect them. Isn't it nice to go home without you smelling smoke all over your body. If your workplace is still a smoking area, you can talk to your supervisor about this problem. You can assert for a smoke-free environment.

No comments: