Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Church and State

I think the young Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle, Archbishop of Manila, expressed this concept very well at a press conference in Rome this year. Explaining the principal message of the recent bishops’ synod on the new evangelization, he said: “In the message, we find a humble church, admitting that it does not understand everything that’s happening in the world. That it’s confused, that it has suffered, but it also admits its share in the wounds of society…. Humility for the Church is not a strategy; it is the way of Jesus. It is how God manifested himself to us in Jesus, and loved us in the form of Christ crucified.” Click above for the link.

2 comments:

Raphael Tesoro said...

Excuse me, sir Leonidas... I checked the link, but it does not work...

Jose Leonidas said...

Sir Tesoro, I copied the link directly, I hope this will work: http://opinion.inquirer.net/43081/which-way-for-the-church