Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Malthusian theory today

We have reached 5.3 billion humans in this planet. Two hundred years ago we have a population of 650 million people.

But yet, we are feeding lots of people, life expectancy is expected to prolong. Japan, Russia and other countries that have reached zero-population growth are in trouble replacing their population.

Russian will be needing 700 million to replace their "lost" population.

When I visited a pediatric hospital in Bangor Eastern Hospital, Maine, USA, in 2006, I only saw two babies and there were lots of nurses.

Over here, visit a government hospital and you will see a "tsunami of babies".

In my 5 June blog entry I mentioned about Herb Meyer's article. I invite you to visit his link.

Click the link below:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/23/opinion/edjacoby.php?page=2

No comments: